Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Water heater does not have a drain

I looked at it from all angles and there is no drain opening on my
water boiler gas. How can this be? I never thought of it till i saw a
DIY article on this matter. Is this possible? It has never been drained
in 15 years and I never was told when it was installed that I had to do
it. I have no problem, so far with it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Anthona wrote:
I looked at it from all angles and there is no drain opening on my
water boiler gas. How can this be? I never thought of it till i saw a
DIY article on this matter. Is this possible? It has never been drained
in 15 years and I never was told when it was installed that I had to do
it. I have no problem, so far with it.

Leave well enough alone...
Posted to alt.home.repair

Anthona wrote:
I looked at it from all angles and there is no drain opening on my
water boiler gas. How can this be? I never thought of it till i saw a
DIY article on this matter. Is this possible? It has never been
drained in 15 years and I never was told when it was installed that I
had to do it. I have no problem, so far with it.

Disconnect it carry it outside and turn it upside-down.

I would not worry. How important it is to drain it depends on the local
water conditions and now after 15 years, I would not try to drain one
anyway, more likely to cause problems than leaving it alone. Some people
have never drained one.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Bad water heater element, guests coming soon! Jazz Home Repair 17 August 27th 06 02:15 PM
Detergents and cleaners FAQ [email protected] UK diy 49 September 25th 05 11:34 PM
Water heater in series to use as storage tank ... good or bad? Fred Home Repair 12 January 29th 05 01:38 PM
Water heater leak? Jim Z Home Repair 1 July 18th 04 01:57 PM
Thankless or Tankless hot water heaters [email protected] Home Repair 6 January 29th 04 03:01 AM