Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan Joseph Meehan is offline

Default Water heater does not have a drain

Anthona wrote:
I looked at it from all angles and there is no drain opening on my
water boiler gas. How can this be? I never thought of it till i saw a
DIY article on this matter. Is this possible? It has never been
drained in 15 years and I never was told when it was installed that I
had to do it. I have no problem, so far with it.

Disconnect it carry it outside and turn it upside-down.

I would not worry. How important it is to drain it depends on the local
water conditions and now after 15 years, I would not try to drain one
anyway, more likely to cause problems than leaving it alone. Some people
have never drained one.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit