Posted to alt.home.repair

Default over-the-range microwave good idea?

Just bought a fancy new range and I'm trying to decide whether to get a
nice 'angular' range hood and have to get rid of the cabinets above the
range, or install one of those combo microwave/range hood units.

I would like to hear feedback from people who actually own or have
owned them.

My concern? All the pictures show the unit venting over the top of the
microwave. Um, if I buy a nice shiny stainless steel unit isn't it
going to get grunged up really quick if all the condensation is
constantly flowing over the front of it?

You would think they would have the vent underneath.

Am I missing something?

Thx,

J.