Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair
Em Em is offline

Default 5-year termite booster treatment?

My annual home termite inspection and "insurance" policy has been costing
$125 per year. This year, now that the house has been standing five years,
the exterminator wants to do a $445 "booster" treatment. I thought the
barrier remains intact for many years until the soil is disturbed, so I
asked why the house would need a booster, and the lady said the barrier has
been breaking down over the five years because of "walking in the yard". Is
the a bona-fide service they are offering?
-BAM