Posted to alt.home.repair
cm cm is offline

Default 5-year termite booster treatment?

Your annual inspection/insurance is a waste of money as is the booster they
are trying to sell you. If you put the $125.00 per year in a savings
account you will end up with more than enough money to rid your house of
termites several times over your life.

Example:
I am 43 years old. I have owned homes for 20 years. 20 years X $125.00 =
$2500.00. This is enough to rid a home of termites 2-3 times and I have yet
to have termites.

My father is 69 years old and has owned homes for 46 years. 46 years X
$125.00 = $5750 - the cost of one termite infestation cost $750.00 leaves
him $5000.00 that he did not give to the termite people.

You can send me a $125.00 a month and I'll guarantee your home against
termites. ha ha ha!

cm

"Gullible is not in the dictionary"

"Em" wrote in message
My annual home termite inspection and "insurance" policy has been costing
$125 per year. This year, now that the house has been standing five years,
the exterminator wants to do a $445 "booster" treatment. I thought the
barrier remains intact for many years until the soil is disturbed, so I
asked why the house would need a booster, and the lady said the barrier
has been breaking down over the five years because of "walking in the
yard". Is the a bona-fide service they are offering?
-BAM