Posted to alt.home.repair

Default First time on air

Dear readers
Excuse me for busting in. But I only want to place a message as a test.

Regards Franz

Posted to alt.home.repair

Franz wrote:
Dear readers
Excuse me for busting in. But I only want to place a message as a test.

Regards Franz

Can you spell "alt.test", Franz?

Plus a gazillion other usenet groups wityh "test" in their names...

HTH,

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Posted to alt.home.repair

Franz wrote:
Dear readers
Excuse me for busting in. But I only want to place a message as a test.

Regards Franz

Well, it worked. But why didn't you test it with
a comment or a question?

And "On the air?" What air? this isn't radio.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Jeff Wisnia" wrote in message
. ..
Franz wrote:
Dear readers
Excuse me for busting in. But I only want to place a message as a test.

Regards Franz

Can you spell "alt.test", Franz?

Plus a gazillion other usenet groups wityh "test" in their names...

This really ruined your day, didn't it?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2 Oct 2006 13:51:15 -0700, "Franz"
wrote:

Dear readers
Excuse me for busting in. But I only want to place a message as a test.

Regards Franz

TEST FAILED: User didn't post in a test group (like alt.test) as
appropriate.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Franz wrote:

Dear readers
Excuse me for busting in. But I only want to place a message as a test.

Regards Franz

Can you spell "alt.test", Franz?

Plus a gazillion other usenet groups wityh "test" in their names...

This really ruined your day, didn't it?

Not in the least.

I was just trying to inform him of the existance of "test" newsgroups,
something which probably hadn't occurred to him any more than it did to
me until I read a similar response to someone's test post to an
inappropriate newsgroup.

Peace,

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)
"What do you expect from a pig but a grunt?"
Posted to alt.home.repair

George E. Cawthon wrote:
Franz wrote:
Dear readers
Excuse me for busting in. But I only want to place a message as a test.

Regards Franz

Well, it worked. But why didn't you test it with
a comment or a question?

And "On the air?" What air? this isn't radio.

Must be on wireless...

Tongue-in-cheeck aside, isn't it funny that Franz sent just one
innocuous message just to make sure he's got everything right and gets
chewed up.

However the same person that flamed Franz has nothing to say about the
useless (including mine) replies to that message.

Ah, Usenet! You must love it!

Posted to alt.home.repair

Jeff Wisnia wrote in
:

Franz wrote:
Dear readers
Excuse me for busting in. But I only want to place a message as a
test.

Regards Franz

Can you spell "alt.test", Franz?

Plus a gazillion other usenet groups wityh "test" in their names...

HTH,

Jeff

Oh what's the big deal! He didn't post some big-ass thing your had to
wait for on dial-up just to see what it was. I've seen occasions where
it would post to alt.test but not to a particular NG.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 02 Oct 2006 22:02:31 -0500, Al Bundy
wrote:

Jeff Wisnia wrote in
:

Franz wrote:
Dear readers
Excuse me for busting in. But I only want to place a message as a
test.

Regards Franz

Can you spell "alt.test", Franz?

Plus a gazillion other usenet groups wityh "test" in their names...

HTH,

Jeff

Oh what's the big deal! He didn't post some big-ass thing your had to
wait for on dial-up just to see what it was. I've seen occasions where
it would post to alt.test but not to a particular NG.

At least it could have had some on-topic content. You might notice how
"test" posters always forget that.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Sam E wrote in
:

On Mon, 02 Oct 2006 22:02:31 -0500, Al Bundy
wrote:

Jeff Wisnia wrote in
m:

Franz wrote:
Dear readers
Excuse me for busting in. But I only want to place a message as a
test.

Regards Franz

Can you spell "alt.test", Franz?

Plus a gazillion other usenet groups wityh "test" in their names...

HTH,

Jeff

Oh what's the big deal! He didn't post some big-ass thing your had to
wait for on dial-up just to see what it was. I've seen occasions where
it would post to alt.test but not to a particular NG.

At least it could have had some on-topic content. You might notice how
"test" posters always forget that.

True. Like "OT - Test. Please Ignore." Hey, not everybody knows this
crap. I was born knowing how to **** and **** my pants. The rest I had to
learn. Maybe he'll see this and be jumpin' someone elses bones in the
near futu-)
Posted to alt.home.repair

Franz wrote:

Dear readers
Excuse me for busting in. But I only want to place a message as a test.

Regards Franz

Can you spell "alt.test", Franz?

Plus a gazillion other usenet groups wityh "test" in their names...

This really ruined your day, didn't it?

Not in the least.

I was just trying to inform him of the existance of "test" newsgroups,
something which probably hadn't occurred to him any more than it did to
me until I read a similar response to someone's test post to an
inappropriate newsgroup.

Peace,

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)
"What do you expect from a pig but a grunt?"

And now you continue to post responses to the useless post, which makes
your point even less valid.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Carpenter" wrote in message

However the same person that flamed Franz has nothing to say about the
useless (including mine) replies to that message.

Ah, Usenet! You must love it!

OTOH, if you post to alt.test. you get back email from a server that tells
you the time it took to be posted. That is beneficial to be sure you are
getting "on air".

I AM GOD: THE TIME HAS COME TO ACKNOWLEDGE MY MASTERHOOD OVER MAN Raymond Karczewski Home Repair 11 August 30th 06 05:05 PM
How do I DIY my time Cameron UK diy 14 May 12th 06 10:12 PM
MORMON IS A CULT. Oscar_Lives Home Repair 33 January 7th 06 04:58 AM
R*volume*raduis2 c3po "Theroy of everything" zetasum Electronics Repair 0 February 18th 05 09:21 PM