Posted to alt.home.repair

Default roller brushes for painting

I'm looking at the rollers available to paint with and I'm curious about
what is needed.

Some of them advertise, 3/8" nap, 3/16" nap, smooth surface, semi-smooth
surface, drywall.

What is needed for painting a minimally textured wall with semi-gloss? Just
a 3/16" nap smooth surface roller brush or are there a ton of other variable
to take into consideration?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Eigenvector" wrote in message
. ..
I'm looking at the rollers available to paint with and I'm curious about
what is needed.

Some of them advertise, 3/8" nap, 3/16" nap, smooth surface, semi-smooth
surface, drywall.

What is needed for painting a minimally textured wall with semi-gloss?

What does "minimally textured" mean? Is it really semi-gloss? Because
that's not usually used on walls - usually satin or eggshell.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Eigenvector" wrote in message
. ..
I'm looking at the rollers available to paint with and I'm curious about
what is needed.

Some of them advertise, 3/8" nap, 3/16" nap, smooth surface, semi-smooth
surface, drywall.

What is needed for painting a minimally textured wall with semi-gloss?

I use a 3/8" nap roller cover for general painting of drywall with
"normal" textures such as orange peel and the like. I use a 3/16" nap
when multiple thin coats on a smooth surface is needed. a 1/2" nap for
rought surfaces that take a lot of paint.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"marson" wrote in message
oups.com...

"Eigenvector" wrote in message
. ..
I'm looking at the rollers available to paint with and I'm curious
about
what is needed.

Some of them advertise, 3/8" nap, 3/16" nap, smooth surface,
semi-smooth
surface, drywall.

What is needed for painting a minimally textured wall with semi-gloss?

I use a 3/8" nap roller cover for general painting of drywall with
"normal" textures such as orange peel and the like. I use a 3/16" nap
when multiple thin coats on a smooth surface is needed. a 1/2" nap for
rought surfaces that take a lot of paint.

Thank you. So basically the larger the nap the rougher the surface. That
sounds right, I just wasn't sure if I was over-analyzing it.

Is there danger of overloading on paint or getting a crummy finish if you
use too much nap on the roller?

Roller Cleaning John UK diy 11 July 28th 06 01:11 AM
Paint brushes Jean Home Repair 1 June 7th 06 09:47 PM
Request for material recommendation for cam and roller follower with high contact stress John2005 Metalworking 7 March 25th 06 07:59 AM
Purdy Paint Brushes Mike Home Repair 7 February 8th 05 04:21 AM
Washing machine brushes .. T i m UK diy 1 February 4th 05 12:05 AM