Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default I love the way Home Depot sucks!

I needed some wood screen doors for my cabin. After shopping around, and
finding all sorts of things from $160 to $600 per, I was overwhelmed.

One day I'm in Home Depot. I had gotten the price of $160 each there, and
wifey says, "Put the damn things up."

So...............

We get ahold of the door guy. Takes him about 15 minutes to appear. We ask
about wood screen doors, and HOLY SMOKE, BATMAN! here's a guy that knows
something about doors. Takes us straight to them.

He takes us to two 1 1/8" ash frame doors with extruded aluminum inserts
with screen. He says they are $89 each, but one is damaged, and not for
sale. I said to check with the manager and I'd take it if he made me a
deal. The screen had pulled out on one corner. A two minute no cost repair

He disappears and comes back. He says we can have it for $50, a $39
discount. Hey, we're still under the price we got before for ONE, so we say
okay. He puts them on a cart for us and scribbles something on a paper and
says to give it to the cashier.

We do so. She rings up two doors at $39 each. My wife and I make eye
contact, but don't say a word. We pay the girl, and then run like hell.

$320 worth of doors for $78 plus tax.

Home Depot does suck, but sometimes their stupidity and ineptness works
towards my side of the fence.

Man, those doors look good on my cabin. And the price was right, too.

Steve