Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Latex operating temperatures

I just used sealant on a kitchen p-trap around the little plastic ring
(gaskets).

I let it cure for 24 hours and poured a big bucket boiling water down
the drain. There was a leak and some white liquid came out.

My question: what is the temperature spec on the latex sealant?

It is GE brand white latex (not silicone) sealant. Tube is marked Tub
and Tile and Kitchen and Bath. GE part no GE14183A.

Perhaps there was moisture around the seal and it didn't cure properly.

Thanks,
Tim

Posted to alt.home.repair

I was unclear in the original posting. I have replaced all the plastic
rings (gaskets) - a few times actually. The problem is that they don't
mate well with the PVC pieces (which I've also replaced). They're
lined up properly and tightened correctly, but they still leak ever so
slowly. They're lined up horizontally since it is the T-section of a
double basin connection.

glenn P wrote:
You can buy new gaskets for your p trap for cents. Sealant will just make it
harder to pull apart next time.....

wrote in message
oups.com...
I just used sealant on a kitchen p-trap around the little plastic ring
(gaskets).

I let it cure for 24 hours and poured a big bucket boiling water down
the drain. There was a leak and some white liquid came out.

My question: what is the temperature spec on the latex sealant?

It is GE brand white latex (not silicone) sealant. Tube is marked Tub
and Tile and Kitchen and Bath. GE part no GE14183A.

Perhaps there was moisture around the seal and it didn't cure properly.

Thanks,
Tim

aggressively thinning latex paint? Ether Jones Home Repair 54 March 1st 16 05:15 PM
To en30...hotmail: Re Previous Post on Latex Over Oil Paint, or Vice Versa ? Robert11 Home Repair 2 June 2nd 06 10:45 PM
god-dang latex paint peter p. Home Repair 13 January 25th 06 01:42 AM
Heat banks (again!) Dave UK diy 148 September 6th 04 08:45 PM
Info on latex paint Phil Hansen Woodworking 21 July 26th 04 08:54 AM