Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Painting- HELP

The paint roller keeps shedding and little hairs end up on the wall.
Driving me CRAZY.

Is it something I am doing, or is it a cheap roller.

What is the best way to avoid the problem.

Posted to alt.home.repair

spend twice as much and buy "purdy" they cost more for a reason. the
same goes for the brushes, but they cost about ten times as much as the
cheap stuff, and worth every penny.

Empressess #124457

The best Games

Jack wrote:
The paint roller keeps shedding and little hairs end up on the wall.
Driving me CRAZY.

Is it something I am doing, or is it a cheap roller.

What is the best way to avoid the problem.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I encountered the same problem many years ago when
I decided to try a cheap roller pad. They shed like crazy.

Watch for quality rollers on sale and stock up. Their
shelf life is measured in centuries.

Gideon

Posted to alt.home.repair

the other posters are right buy a real good Purdy roller
but
you can also try this painter tip ...
wrap 2" masking tape around the fluffy part of roller and remove ,do this a
couple of times .
the tapes adhesive will help to remove the fuzzys and the hairs..
you can also wash roller before using it
"Gideon" wrote in message
I encountered the same problem many years ago when
I decided to try a cheap roller pad. They shed like crazy.

Watch for quality rollers on sale and stock up. Their
shelf life is measured in centuries.

Gideon

Posted to alt.home.repair

We found this worked well,
On a new roller, load it with paint but then paint a scrap of gyproc or
something smooth for a good 10 strokes or so, the hairs will come off,
then go on to paint the room. In our experience the hairs only come off
with the first few strokes.
Hope this helps

"Gideon" wrote in message
I encountered the same problem many years ago when
I decided to try a cheap roller pad. They shed like crazy.

Watch for quality rollers on sale and stock up. Their
shelf life is measured in centuries.

Gideon

Posted to alt.home.repair

AustinScoobee wrote:
In our experience the hairs only come off
with the first few strokes.

============

Then you only bought the "somewhat cheap roller covers."
The cheap ones that I tried many years ago shed over an
entire wall before I gave up and went out and purchased a
quality roller cover.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Gideon wrote:
AustinScoobee wrote:
In our experience the hairs only come off
with the first few strokes.

Then you only bought the "somewhat cheap roller covers."
The cheap ones that I tried many years ago shed over an
entire wall before I gave up and went out and purchased a
quality roller cover.

I've used a lot of roller covers over the years and never had this
problem. And I've never bought a Purdy one either, I always use a
middle of the road one. I'm sure it can be a problem with some real
cheap products, but there is no reason you have to pay a lot for a
super premium roller to get one that doesn't come apart on the wall.