Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Plumbing drain question

I have a reasonably new split bath, with the vanity/sink in one room and tub
and toilet in the other. I want to install a very small pedistal sink
between the toilet and bathtub.
The wall is accessible thru a closet in the next room. Routing supply lines
isnt't a problem.
The drain pipe, though, is not easily accessible as it runs too far from the
wall, under the floor. The only part I can tie the new sink into is the
straight piece of PVC that connects the bathtub overflow to the tub drain.
Is it OK to install a T there to drain the sink? The sink would have its own
trap, but the wastewater would also go thru the tub trap. Thanks.
--
-bye,
Rick

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Rick" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

No codes or standards permit such a connection. You will have to access the
drain line after the tub trap and also meet the standards for venting to
make a proper connection. You may need advice for your particular situation
from someone who can actually see and evaluate it on site.

Don Young

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Don Young" wrote in message

"Rick" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Thanks, I didnt think so. I was hoping to save a few bucks, but want to do
it right.
Rick