Posted to alt.home.repair
Rick Rick is offline

Default Plumbing drain question

"Don Young" wrote in message

"Rick" wrote in message
. ..
I have a reasonably new split bath, with the vanity/sink in one room and
tub
and toilet in the other. I want to install a very small pedistal sink
between the toilet and bathtub.
The wall is accessible thru a closet in the next room. Routing supply
lines
isnt't a problem.
The drain pipe, though, is not easily accessible as it runs too far from
the
wall, under the floor. The only part I can tie the new sink into is the
straight piece of PVC that connects the bathtub overflow to the tub drain.
Is it OK to install a T there to drain the sink? The sink would have its
own
trap, but the wastewater would also go thru the tub trap. Thanks.
--
-bye,
Rick

No codes or standards permit such a connection. You will have to access the
drain line after the tub trap and also meet the standards for venting to
make a proper connection. You may need advice for your particular situation
from someone who can actually see and evaluate it on site.

Don Young

Thanks, I didnt think so. I was hoping to save a few bucks, but want to do
it right.
Rick