Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Quonset Door

you basicly need a free standing door and frame, the easiest way to do
that is to support it from the roof all the way to the floor and
sandwitch the metal of the wall between 2 wooden slats that can be
screwed to the door frame.

Empressess #124457

The best Games

Monroe wrote:
Looking to install a door on the end panel of a galvanized metal
quonset. The end panels are 3 ft wide sheets of 20 ga. galvanized
metal and don't support any weight. Strength along the panels is
basically the ribbed edges of each that are bolted to each successive
panel.

Ideal is a metal 3 ft wide doorway, but difficult to find (not thin
gauge residential, something similar to the panel metal). Failing
that, then it's either residential wood or aluminum door. My biggest
problem is how to affix to the end panels. I'm thinking some type of
metal bracket that would slip and be MIG welded to the panels, then a
full door + frame attached to that bracket. But I'm wondering about
the support of the bracket/door within the panel.

Appreciate any help with this.
--

Monroe

Stuck Door Bouffont UK diy 20 April 28th 06 06:24 PM
Door advice wanted please Flummoxed UK diy 9 April 11th 06 01:13 PM
Wayne Dalton Torquemaster and iDrive self-Install (Long) Scott Home Repair 3 March 2nd 05 03:34 AM
Replacing a window with a door? HerHusband Home Repair 19 January 29th 05 03:55 PM
Keeping Door Closed Charlie S. Woodworking 18 January 18th 05 02:27 AM