Posted to alt.home.repair

Default selecting type of relay

doing some shopping for time delay relays at http://macromatic.com/, well actually
reading as they don't sell directly any TDRs

am looking for a 24 vac/vdc relay which will break a signal after a 30-40 min interval
once energized.
I think the type is called an "Interval On" based on
http://macromatic.com/support/kb/kb.php?kba=kba116tdr

can someone confirm this, please?

Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

Try www.grainger.com they sell a number of ice cube relays. I've used
interval time relays for that purpose. If you buy one that is double pole
double throw, it will both make and break contacts once its timed out

"Rusty" wrote in message ...
doing some shopping for time delay relays at http://macromatic.com/, well
actually reading as they don't sell directly any TDRs

am looking for a 24 vac/vdc relay which will break a signal after a 30-40
min interval once energized.
I think the type is called an "Interval On" based on
http://macromatic.com/support/kb/kb.php?kba=kba116tdr

can someone confirm this, please?

Posted to alt.home.repair

RBM wrote:
Try www.grainger.com they sell a number of ice cube relays. I've used
interval time relays for that purpose. If you buy one that is double pole
double throw, it will both make and break contacts once its timed out

started search by first entering search argument "ice cube relay" without the quotes
then searched within results (not new search) with argument "double pole" without the
quotes
then searched within results "24" without the quotes

could not find a single 24 vac/dc with interval up to 40 min (or more)

if you have a sample product or product code, please post it

compare that to the Time Delay Relay link on
http://macromatic.com/literature/onl..._instruct.html

Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

Most of the time delay relays wwg sells have 120 volt coils, but see if this
works: note, it says 300 hours, but I'm sure it's a typo.
http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/wwg...mId=1611785045

"Rusty" wrote in message ...
RBM wrote:
Try www.grainger.com they sell a number of ice cube relays. I've used
interval time relays for that purpose. If you buy one that is double pole
double throw, it will both make and break contacts once its timed out

started search by first entering search argument "ice cube relay" without
the quotes
then searched within results (not new search) with argument "double pole"
without the quotes
then searched within results "24" without the quotes

could not find a single 24 vac/dc with interval up to 40 min (or more)

if you have a sample product or product code, please post it

compare that to the Time Delay Relay link on
http://macromatic.com/literature/onl..._instruct.html

Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

Here is another one that may work, but I can't get a clear enough
description of its function. It says on delay/interval, if it functions as
interval, it'll work. Contact WWG technical assistance for clarification.
http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/wwg/productIndex.shtml

"Rusty" wrote in message ...
RBM wrote:
Try www.grainger.com they sell a number of ice cube relays. I've used
interval time relays for that purpose. If you buy one that is double pole
double throw, it will both make and break contacts once its timed out

started search by first entering search argument "ice cube relay" without
the quotes
then searched within results (not new search) with argument "double pole"
without the quotes
then searched within results "24" without the quotes

could not find a single 24 vac/dc with interval up to 40 min (or more)

if you have a sample product or product code, please post it

compare that to the Time Delay Relay link on
http://macromatic.com/literature/onl..._instruct.html

Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob Bob is offline

Rusty wrote:
doing some shopping for time delay relays at http://macromatic.com/, well actually
reading as they don't sell directly any TDRs

am looking for a 24 vac/vdc relay which will break a signal after a 30-40 min interval
once energized.
I think the type is called an "Interval On" based on
http://macromatic.com/support/kb/kb.php?kba=kba116tdr

can someone confirm this, please?

One of the most versitile relays I've seen - 24v to 240v input, 1 sec
to 100hr time delay. (though a little pricey)

http://www.alliedelec.com/Search/Pro...15CA807848E17F

Posted to alt.home.repair

Bob wrote:
One of the most versitile relays I've seen - 24v to 240v input, 1 sec
to 100hr time delay. (though a little pricey)

ok, still waiting for an answer to my original post

is the correct type, based on my description, Interval On ?
Posted to alt.home.repair

RBM wrote:
Here is another one that may work

I didn't see an actual link to the product in your post, just the product index page

also, how about my original question, is the correct type, based on my description,
Interval On?

Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

Sorry about the link. The WWG model # is 4EB23. On their site they describe
the functions of the various types of timing relays and what you describe is
what they call "interval" You apply power to the relay- it switches its
contacts- times out- switches back

"Rusty" wrote in message ...
RBM wrote:
Here is another one that may work

I didn't see an actual link to the product in your post, just the product
index page

also, how about my original question, is the correct type, based on my
description, Interval On?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob Bob is offline

Rusty wrote:
Bob wrote:
One of the most versitile relays I've seen - 24v to 240v input, 1 sec
to 100hr time delay. (though a little pricey)

ok, still waiting for an answer to my original post

is the correct type, based on my description, Interval On ?

Sorry about that. Ignore the previous recommendation.
See: http://www.alliedelec.com/catalog/pf.asp?FN=1046.pdf

Based on that manufacturers terminology, your description is correct.
Upon applying 24v, contacts would be closed for the time interval you
select.

Bob