Posted to alt.home.repair

Default landscape wiring

New house. We are trenching today for sprinklers. While the trench is
dug, laying direct burial wire for a lamp post. When it comes time to
set the post, does the wire set within the concrete inside the post, or
do I run it from the trench up to the next available hole for the post.

Also, I had the builder place a conduit under the front walkway from
the yard to an area in front of the front porch (small planter area)
which I will likely place a small fountain later. I already learned
about digging under walkways in the prior house. This will be for an
extension cord. I also had the builder put in an outside plug and
there is an outside junction box (for lamppost or other wiring). Can
I run an extension cord in the trench today as well? from the outlet
area through the conduit for later use. I would probably be able to
run one later just below grade without too much trouble since there
will be an area outside the bedroom window thats a planter area, not
grass.

Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

I would sleeve your direct burial cable through flexible plastic conduit,
like Carflex, into the post. That way it won't be damaged by the concrete
and can be removed if necessary.
You don't run extension cords in conduits under walkways or directly in
trenches

oups.com...

Boiler wiring pm UK diy 4 September 13th 06 01:13 PM
lighted switches & aluminum wiring [email protected] Home Repair 7 August 26th 06 07:47 PM
telephone wiring question barry martin Home Repair 0 August 11th 04 02:43 AM
peculiar wiring in residential switch box? David Jones Home Repair 6 July 19th 04 11:25 PM
Question about wiring lights David W.E. Roberts UK diy 2 April 6th 04 06:05 PM