Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default pinhole leak in basement floor

I have pinhole leak in my concrete basement floor. At worst, it leaks
maybe one drop every ten seconds. The water flows across the floor
where I walk all the time, collects, and keeps the humidity high. It's
more of a problem than "pinhole leak" would suggest.

What can I do to stop the leak?

It looks as if someone tried to patch it - the leak is in the middle of
a small mounded-up area in an otherwise smooth concrete floor. (The
floor is all painted.) It's about four feet from the sump pump and
walls.

There are some other leaks at the joints between the wall and floor. To
help with these, I plan to extend the outlets of the gutters farther
from the house, seal the joint between the garage and the concrete
driveway apron, etc... But the pinhole leak is such a tiny leak - Is
there some direct fix? I might try simple/cheap/quick fixes even if
they're not guaranteed to solve the problem.

Thanks for your help.