Posted to alt.home.repair

Default pinhole leak in basement floor

"mm" wrote in message
On 22 Sep 2006 08:42:07 -0700, wrote:

Sounds like talking to an engineer would be a good idea.
What's the right name for the kind of engineer I need - e.g., "Civil"?

Although they both work in construction, it seems that civil engineers
are so named because they work for the govenment, from the Latin for
citizen. So they build bridges and exways and I don't know what else.

It took me decades to realize what made them civil. I thought they
were just polite.

What's the best way to find a good one?

Thanks again.

Not to change the subject, but somewhere recently, I heard this:

God must be a civil engineer. Think of how women are designed. Who else but
a CE would locate two raw sewage conduits right in a popular recreational
area?