Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Thompsons water seal question

I bought a new 5 gal. pail of Thompsons the other day to finish my
deck, I opened it up and its milky! What gives my other (older) single gal
is clear fluid. The look of the pail is the same but the product seems to
have changed.
Any ideas on this. I don't like the milky product, I tested it on a concrete
section of my patio and it is now blotchy. Yet a section of the patio done
with the older pail looks fine.

Searcher

Posted to alt.home.repair

Shopdog wrote:
I bought a new 5 gal. pail of Thompsons the other day to finish my
deck, I opened it up and its milky! What gives my other (older) single gal
is clear fluid. The look of the pail is the same but the product seems to
have changed.
Any ideas on this.

Thompson's makes about a dozen different deck-seal products.

Which one do you have?

Posted to alt.home.repair

I thought it was the old original style, its the one for all surfaces with
no pigment

Searcher

Posted to alt.home.repair

Maybe it froze

Posted to alt.home.repair

Shopdog wrote:

I thought it was the old original style, its the one for all surfaces with
no pigment

Instead of guessing, why don't you go look at the two containers and
post what it says on each label.

It's difficult to help you without more information.

Because of the milky appearance you mentioned, it's possible that the
new stuff you bought is water-based whereas the old is oil-based. But
that is just a guess. Post the label information.