DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Thompsons water seal question (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/176640-thompsons-water-seal-question.html)

Shopdog September 21st 06 02:23 AM

Thompsons water seal question

I bought a new 5 gal. pail of Thompsons the other day to finish my
deck, I opened it up and its milky! What gives my other (older) single gal
is clear fluid. The look of the pail is the same but the product seems to
have changed.
Any ideas on this. I don't like the milky product, I tested it on a concrete
section of my patio and it is now blotchy. Yet a section of the patio done
with the older pail looks fine.

Searcher

Ether Jones September 21st 06 02:41 AM

Shopdog wrote:
I bought a new 5 gal. pail of Thompsons the other day to finish my
deck, I opened it up and its milky! What gives my other (older) single gal
is clear fluid. The look of the pail is the same but the product seems to
have changed.
Any ideas on this.

Thompson's makes about a dozen different deck-seal products.

Which one do you have?

Shopdog September 21st 06 03:14 AM

Thompsons water seal question

I thought it was the old original style, its the one for all surfaces with
no pigment

Searcher

[email protected] September 21st 06 11:10 AM

Thompsons water seal question

mix it?

Empressess #124457

The best Games

m Ransley September 21st 06 01:51 PM

Thompsons water seal question

Maybe it froze

Ether Jones September 21st 06 02:56 PM

Shopdog wrote:

I thought it was the old original style, its the one for all surfaces with
no pigment

Instead of guessing, why don't you go look at the two containers and
post what it says on each label.

It's difficult to help you without more information.

Because of the milky appearance you mentioned, it's possible that the
new stuff you bought is water-based whereas the old is oil-based. But
that is just a guess. Post the label information.