Posted to alt.home.repair
CJ CJ is offline

Default Variety of cracks in cement steps.

I have a cement platform that leads to cement steps which in turn lead
to another cement platform before entry to my house. The first cement
platform has one inch cracks that ride up against the foundation wall
on one side. The platform after the steps that lead to the house
entrance have a few patches of missing concrete that need to be filled
in on the outer side of the platform away from the house.

My question is, should I use Mortar Mix directly to repair the cracks
and missing concrete or do I need some bonding agent before I apply the
Mortar Mix? Should I use Mortar Mix for this repair or something else?

Posted to alt.home.repair

CJ wrote:
I have a cement platform that leads to cement steps which in turn lead
to another cement platform before entry to my house. The first cement
platform has one inch cracks that ride up against the foundation wall
on one side. The platform after the steps that lead to the house
entrance have a few patches of missing concrete that need to be filled
in on the outer side of the platform away from the house.

My question is, should I use Mortar Mix directly to repair the cracks
and missing concrete or do I need some bonding agent before I apply the
Mortar Mix? Should I use Mortar Mix for this repair or something else?

Before you do anything else, you need to find out why you're having the
cracking problem and fix that: patching with addressing that will only
bring about a repeat of the cracking. If it's moving, you may want to use
a fexibly filler and leave it to move, or find a way to stop the movement,
and then use concrete patching mix.

John
--
Remove the dead poet to e-mail, tho CC'd posts are unwelcome.
Mean People Suck - It takes two deviations to get cool.
Posted to alt.home.repair

it may be overkill, but I use hydrulic cement for all cement repairs,
and don't forget to seal afterwards if it's outside, or you will do it
again soon.

Empressess #124457

The best Games

CJ wrote:
I have a cement platform that leads to cement steps which in turn lead
to another cement platform before entry to my house. The first cement
platform has one inch cracks that ride up against the foundation wall
on one side. The platform after the steps that lead to the house
entrance have a few patches of missing concrete that need to be filled
in on the outer side of the platform away from the house.

My question is, should I use Mortar Mix directly to repair the cracks
and missing concrete or do I need some bonding agent before I apply the
Mortar Mix? Should I use Mortar Mix for this repair or something else?

painted cement steps tolbiny Home Repair 7 September 3rd 06 10:32 PM
Lime or cement mortar? [email protected] UK diy 43 August 13th 06 12:58 PM
Cement foundation for shed AutoTracer Home Repair 2 April 27th 04 05:25 AM
Foundation Cracks Bob W. Home Repair 3 December 22nd 03 05:39 PM
How can I fix cracks in plaster of old house? Phil Munro Home Repair 5 October 18th 03 10:48 AM