Posted to alt.home.repair

Default tidy vac wiring

My central vac is not working from any outlet.
I posting here which led me to the problem. The wires are disconnected
at the unit.
There are 2 wires coming from the unit and there are 3 wires coming out
of the wall.
When I shot the wires on the unit the vacuumm starts. I tried to
connect one of the 3 wires to the 2 wires from the unit but the vacuum
run contniously and I see a blue spark in the unit.

How do I connect the wires?
Thanks,

Praim

Posted to alt.home.repair

praim wrote:
My central vac is not working from any outlet.
I posting here which led me to the problem. The wires are disconnected
at the unit.
There are 2 wires coming from the unit and there are 3 wires coming
out of the wall.
When I shot the wires on the unit the vacuumm starts. I tried to
connect one of the 3 wires to the 2 wires from the unit but the vacuum
run contniously and I see a blue spark in the unit.

How do I connect the wires?
Thanks,

Praim

It would appear you have a non-standard situation.

However could you be more precise? "3 wires coming out of the wall"
what exactly does that mean? Low voltage? The only wires coming out of the
wall? Coming out of the wall at a vacuum outlet? What exactly is the
"unit?" Is it a vacuum outlet that is mounted on the wall and connected to
a pipe and wires or is it the hose part you plug in the wall ????

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Boiler wiring pm UK diy 4 September 13th 06 01:13 PM
lighted switches & aluminum wiring [email protected] Home Repair 7 August 26th 06 07:47 PM
telephone wiring question barry martin Home Repair 0 August 11th 04 02:43 AM
peculiar wiring in residential switch box? David Jones Home Repair 6 July 19th 04 11:25 PM
Question about wiring lights David W.E. Roberts UK diy 2 April 6th 04 06:05 PM