Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Ceiling Light with remote

My husband has installed a new remote control to our ceiling fan and
now we are having problems galore. There is a double switch on the
wall with two black wires joined on one switch and the other switch has
two red wires one from power supply the other is a piggy back which
connect to another black wire. The red and back wires go to the
ceiling junction and the fan only (no light kit) so the black wire from
was connected with Hot wire from electrical power. White wire from fan
with neutral wire from electrical power, no light kit so blue and black
from fan were just tied off.

The problem arose when we turned the fan on at the switch, the switch
that should have powered the fan no longer works. The second switch
with the red wires that should be turning the light on over our
fireplace, now turn the light and fan on. He never touch the switch to
begin with and so we are at a loss to know what to do, besides call and
electrican. We have disconnect the remote and have tried to wire the
fan according to suppliers' directions, no luck.

Posted to alt.home.repair

it sounds like the original wiring was backward, one of the typical
problems with any instalation.

Empressess #124457

The best Games

99bottles wrote:
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

99bottles wrote:
[...]

This is very unclear. One switch originally controlled the fan. What
did the other switch do and does that still work? Where did the
remote control go? Since you say he never touched the swtich, it
sounds like the remote is the type that goes in the fan. But then why
are you fooling around with the switches at all? What wires did you
actually work on, just the fan box, switch box, or both?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"99bottles" wrote in message
ps.com...
My husband has installed a new remote control to our ceiling fan and
now we are having problems galore. There is a double switch on the
wall with two black wires joined on one switch and the other switch has
two red wires one from power supply the other is a piggy back which
connect to another black wire. The red and back wires go to the
ceiling junction and the fan only (no light kit) so the black wire from
was connected with Hot wire from electrical power. White wire from fan
with neutral wire from electrical power, no light kit so blue and black
from fan were just tied off.

Could you draw an illustration and post a link? It is very hard to "see"
from your description.

The problem arose when we turned the fan on at the switch, the switch
that should have powered the fan no longer works. The second switch
with the red wires that should be turning the light on over our
fireplace, now turn the light and fan on. He never touch the switch to
begin with and so we are at a loss to know what to do, besides call and
electrican. We have disconnect the remote and have tried to wire the
fan according to suppliers' directions, no luck.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 19 Sep 2006 01:11:21 -0700, "99bottles" wrote:

[...]

imho:

Hard to follow this, best thing is to do, get a qualified electrician.
The cost is low compared to the frustration, and fires that might
result.

later,

tom @ www.FindMeShelter.com