Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] empress2454@wowway.com is offline

Default Ceiling Light with remote

it sounds like the original wiring was backward, one of the typical
problems with any instalation.

Empressess #124457

The best Games

99bottles wrote:
My husband has installed a new remote control to our ceiling fan and
now we are having problems galore. There is a double switch on the
wall with two black wires joined on one switch and the other switch has
two red wires one from power supply the other is a piggy back which
connect to another black wire. The red and back wires go to the
ceiling junction and the fan only (no light kit) so the black wire from
was connected with Hot wire from electrical power. White wire from fan
with neutral wire from electrical power, no light kit so blue and black
from fan were just tied off.

The problem arose when we turned the fan on at the switch, the switch
that should have powered the fan no longer works. The second switch
with the red wires that should be turning the light on over our
fireplace, now turn the light and fan on. He never touch the switch to
begin with and so we are at a loss to know what to do, besides call and
electrican. We have disconnect the remote and have tried to wire the
fan according to suppliers' directions, no luck.