Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Paint question

I recently painted 2 garage doors and noticed that the paint (standard
Beher Latex) is sticking to the weather stripping around the garage
doors. Now it takes allot of force just to open the door as, the
aluminum is sticking to the rubber. Just yesterday we painted the
front door and the paint is also sticking the to the weather stripping
around the door.

What could be causing this ? We let the paint dry for over 5 hours
before closing the door and it's still sticking to the weather
stripping.

It's a standard latex beher paint.
Thanks in advance.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Ideally, latex paint should cure for 30 days before coming in contact
with another surface. In your case you can't do that. I would try a
thin film of petroleum jelly on the weather strip. Anything to create a
barrier between the surfaces. Car wax or furnish polish would also work.

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On 17 Sep 2006 16:44:24 -0700, "Section 31"
wrote:

I recently painted 2 garage doors and noticed that the paint (standard

(Written last Do you mean 5 hours ago? I'm confused.

Beher Latex) is sticking to the weather stripping around the garage
doors. Now it takes allot of force just to open the door as, the
aluminum is sticking to the rubber. Just yesterday we painted the
front door and the paint is also sticking the to the weather stripping
around the door.

What could be causing this ? We let the paint dry for over 5 hours
before closing the door and it's still sticking to the weather
stripping.

By tomorrow, it will have dried longer. Check it out then. I'd wait
three days before I started to worry.

It's a standard latex beher paint.
Thanks in advance.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Section 31" wrote in message
ps.com...

What could be causing this ? We let the paint dry for over 5 hours
before closing the door and it's still sticking to the weather
stripping.

Oi. "Drying" and "curing" are 2 different things.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"jeffc" wrote in message
m...

"Section 31" wrote in message
ps.com...

What could be causing this ? We let the paint dry for over 5 hours
before closing the door and it's still sticking to the weather
stripping.

Oi. "Drying" and "curing" are 2 different things.

IMO, yes. Paint "dries" to the touch in a short time. Curing (or further
drying?) of the paint can take days or even weeks.

Paint finish question / wall problem? Nick UK diy 6 July 13th 06 05:50 PM
Paint primer Question Robert11 Home Repair 4 June 17th 06 01:12 AM
Paint question Steve B Woodworking 5 June 2nd 06 04:00 AM
Paint & primer question... Al A. Metalworking 7 June 25th 05 06:47 AM
exterior paint adhering or not? Gary C Home Repair 3 November 2nd 03 10:57 AM