Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How to remove of outdoor carpet on concrete floor?

I need to remove the outdoor carpet on my porch as it has mildewed. I
suppose I should cut the carpet in strips with a box cutter. Since I
am not going to replace the carpet, I need to get all the residue from
the glue off the concrete floor. Is there a product for doing this?

~Jazzy~

Posted to alt.home.repair
Stu Stu is offline

Jazzy wrote:
I need to remove the outdoor carpet on my porch as it has mildewed. I
suppose I should cut the carpet in strips with a box cutter. Since I
am not going to replace the carpet, I need to get all the residue from
the glue off the concrete floor. Is there a product for doing this?

~Jazzy~

Are you going to leave the floor as concrete? If not and are going to
put something else down I wouldn't spent too much effert. I have found
a link for some removal products that look suitable for you:
http://www.doityourself.com/scat/adhesiveremoval

Best of luck
Stu
http://www.cateringappliancesltd.co.uk

Posted to alt.home.repair

Stu wrote:
Jazzy wrote:
I need to remove the outdoor carpet on my porch as it has mildewed. I
suppose I should cut the carpet in strips with a box cutter. Since I
am not going to replace the carpet, I need to get all the residue from
the glue off the concrete floor. Is there a product for doing this?

~Jazzy~

Are you going to leave the floor as concrete? If not and are going to
put something else down I wouldn't spent too much effert. I have found
a link for some removal products that look suitable for you:
http://www.doityourself.com/scat/adhesiveremoval

Best of luck
Stu
http://www.cateringappliancesltd.co.uk

Yes, I do plan on leaving the floor as concrete, possible painting it.
Thank you Stu, for the website.

~Jazzy~

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Jazzy" wrote in message
ps.com...

Stu wrote:
Jazzy wrote:
I need to remove the outdoor carpet on my porch as it has mildewed. I
suppose I should cut the carpet in strips with a box cutter. Since I
am not going to replace the carpet, I need to get all the residue from
the glue off the concrete floor. Is there a product for doing this?

~Jazzy~

Are you going to leave the floor as concrete? If not and are going to
put something else down I wouldn't spent too much effert. I have found
a link for some removal products that look suitable for you:
http://www.doityourself.com/scat/adhesiveremoval

Best of luck
Stu
http://www.cateringappliancesltd.co.uk

Yes, I do plan on leaving the floor as concrete, possible painting it.
Thank you Stu, for the website.

~Jazzy~

If scrape marks on the concrete don't matter, try using an ice chopper.
Used to chop ice off of driveways, it's also a good way to remove carpeting
on concrete, provided it wasn't glued down. Might still work then. Use it
as you would a chisel, except ice choppers have handles 6' long.... ram it
at an angle against the carpeting.

Or go to the local rental shop & see what they have.