Posted to alt.home.repair

Default BOILER AIR ELIMINATORS KEEP CLOGGING

I have a Weil McLain G06 gold series boiler for my hot water baseboard heat
system. I also have boiler anti-freeze installed in it because I have 1 zone
that has a tendency to freeze when not active. The boiler has an air purge pipe
right next to the baseboard outlet pipe, and there is also an American Air
Purger in the water output line. At those each of those 2 locations there is an
American float type air purge valve. They work well for about a year or 2, and
then the boiler anti-freeze clogs them up. The anti freeze even discolors the
outside of the float valves, turning them green. Is there any kind of air purge
valve that the anti freeze won't clog up ???

RON
Remove the ZZZ from my E-mail address to send me E-mail.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Ron in NY wrote:
I have a Weil McLain G06 gold series boiler for my hot water baseboard heat
system. I also have boiler anti-freeze installed in it because I have 1 zone
that has a tendency to freeze when not active. The boiler has an air purge pipe
right next to the baseboard outlet pipe, and there is also an American Air
Purger in the water output line. At those each of those 2 locations there is an
American float type air purge valve. They work well for about a year or 2, and
then the boiler anti-freeze clogs them up. The anti freeze even discolors the
outside of the float valves, turning them green. Is there any kind of air purge
valve that the anti freeze won't clog up ???

RON
Remove the ZZZ from my E-mail address to send me E-mail.

Consider a different antifreeze.

Mixing header and pumps John Aston UK diy 79 December 8th 04 09:50 AM
Noisy banging boiler what is the cause? Tim UK diy 8 November 3rd 04 09:36 PM
Heat banks (again!) Dave UK diy 148 September 6th 04 08:45 PM
Near death boiler + replacing a boiler David Hearn UK diy 9 January 26th 04 12:44 PM
Boiler problem - hot water, cold radiators Dan the man UK diy 9 October 7th 03 11:26 PM