Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Condo Windows - Shared Property?

I am wondering if windows are considered shared property for a condo.
If not and I am responsible for fixing them, can I install any new
framing and windows I like?

Dan
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
I am wondering if windows are considered shared property for a condo. If
not and I am responsible for fixing them, can I install any new framing and
windows I like?

get a copy of your condo bylaws/deed restrictions and read them?
any advice would be a guess.

Dan

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
I am wondering if windows are considered shared property for a condo. If
not and I am responsible for fixing them, can I install any new framing and
windows I like?

Who would you be sharing them with? Peeping Tom?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Hi Dan, In answer to your question, my condo building is a 47 years
old and the windows had never been replaced, just patched, but alot of
people were starting to have caulking done and redone until the condo
board of directors (yours should have one) put together a committee to
redo the building. The board started upgrading the 6 story building
(300 units) from top to bottom floor starting about last summer. I
just got mine done and they are awesome. The payments are being
handled by around $80/month condo fee hike and an assessment (the
assessment was agreed to be split into three chunks which is very
manageable considering there are alot of elderly fixed income owners in
the building. That is how they upgraded our building. Turns out our
bldg engineer (fix-it guy) doubles as the manager which makes it handy.
In short answer to your question, hold out and inquire with management
company.

Have a good one