Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How can I bring back shine to Stainless Steel Sink?

My SS sink is far from stainless anymore. It was a cheap BOTL Home
Depot special. Is there a way to bring back some of the shine? Any
miracle product that works? Thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
My SS sink is far from stainless anymore. It was a cheap BOTL Home
Depot special. Is there a way to bring back some of the shine? Any
miracle product that works? Thanks.

Before you try the industrial strength pipe-eating chemicals, try
making a paste with some baking soda, dish soap, and a little water.
Scrub with a brush. Rinse & repeat if needed.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
ups.com...
My SS sink is far from stainless anymore. It was a cheap BOTL Home
Depot special. Is there a way to bring back some of the shine? Any
miracle product that works? Thanks.

Some people swear by Barkeepers Friend. I use just plain old Comet cleanser.
It will never shine like brand new, but you can get close.

Posted to alt.home.repair
k k is offline

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
. ..

wrote in message
ups.com...
My SS sink is far from stainless anymore. It was a cheap BOTL Home
Depot special. Is there a way to bring back some of the shine? Any
miracle product that works? Thanks.

Some people swear by Barkeepers Friend. I use just plain old Comet
cleanser. It will never shine like brand new, but you can get close.

Where on earth do you find plain old comet cleanser? I've found their
website, but it's apparently not sold here anymore (Connecticut).
http://www.cometcleanser.com/where.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
ups.com...
My SS sink is far from stainless anymore. It was a cheap BOTL Home
Depot special. Is there a way to bring back some of the shine? Any
miracle product that works? Thanks.

Reed his first,

http://www.delstar.com/polishing.htm

Polish in the direction of the grain only. Look close.
It's probably left-right as your facing the sink.

-zero

Posted to alt.home.repair

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...
My SS sink is far from stainless anymore. It was a cheap BOTL Home
Depot special. Is there a way to bring back some of the shine? Any
miracle product that works? Thanks.

Some people swear by Barkeepers Friend. I use just plain old Comet cleanser.
It will never shine like brand new, but you can get close.

Barkeepers Friend is amazing, does wonders for SS and copper. Never
tried to polish a scratched sink before but it makes the pots & pans
shiny.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I assume (yea, I know) that you have a brush finished sink. This
finish is accomplished with these:
http://multimedia.mmm.com/mws/mediawebserver.dyn?6666660Zjcf6lVs6EVs6661XTCOrrrr Q-

Get a green and a purple. The green will probably give you the
finish you want.

______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

wrote in message
ups.com...
My SS sink is far from stainless anymore. It was a cheap BOTL
Depot special. Is there a way to bring back some of the shine?
Any
miracle product that works? Thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"k" wrote in message
Where on earth do you find plain old comet cleanser? I've found their
website, but it's apparently not sold here anymore (Connecticut).
http://www.cometcleanser.com/where.htm

Sure is, I'm in Putnam. Wal Mart, Stop & Shop, Price Chopper, Hannaford's,
BJ's, just to name a few. I just bought a half dozen cans for work
yesterday.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Once you get the sink thoroughly clean with one of the previous
suggestions, try polishing it with vegetable oil (plain old corn oil or
whatever). I have older SS sinks, and that makes them shine more than
any of the MANY other things I've tried.

Jo Ann

wrote:
My SS sink is far from stainless anymore. It was a cheap BOTL Home
Depot special. Is there a way to bring back some of the shine? Any
miracle product that works? Thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 13 Sep 2006 00:12:55 GMT, "k" wrote:

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message

wrote in message
ups.com...
My SS sink is far from stainless anymore. It was a cheap BOTL Home
Depot special. Is there a way to bring back some of the shine? Any
miracle product that works? Thanks.

Some people swear by Barkeepers Friend. I use just plain old Comet
cleanser. It will never shine like brand new, but you can get close.

Where on earth do you find plain old comet cleanser? I've found their
website, but it's apparently not sold here anymore (Connecticut).
http://www.cometcleanser.com/where.htm

Comet, it makes your teeth turn green.
Comet, it tastes like gasoline, ...

Posted to alt.home.repair

Goedjn wrote in
:

On Wed, 13 Sep 2006 00:12:55 GMT, "k" wrote:

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
m...

wrote in message
ups.com...
My SS sink is far from stainless anymore. It was a cheap BOTL Home
Depot special. Is there a way to bring back some of the shine? Any
miracle product that works? Thanks.

Some people swear by Barkeepers Friend. I use just plain old Comet
cleanser. It will never shine like brand new, but you can get close.

Where on earth do you find plain old comet cleanser? I've found their
website, but it's apparently not sold here anymore (Connecticut).
http://www.cometcleanser.com/where.htm

Comet, it makes your teeth turn green.
Comet, it tastes like gasoline, ...

Who puts that stuff in their MOUTH? It AINT toothpaste. ;-}

BTW,The oxalic acid in Barkeeper's Friend helps with stains.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Posted to alt.home.repair

Jim Yanik wrote:

Comet, it makes your teeth turn green.
Comet, it tastes like gasoline, ...

Who puts that stuff in their MOUTH? It AINT toothpaste. ;-}

BTW,The oxalic acid in Barkeeper's Friend helps with stains.

So, can you use Barkeeper's Friend in your mouth?

Posted to alt.home.repair

But, But! What about my TEETH?????
"Charlie Morgan" wrote in message
On Wed, 13 Sep 2006 15:07:49 -0400, Goedjn wrote:

On Wed, 13 Sep 2006 00:12:55 GMT, "k" wrote:

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
om...

wrote in message
ups.com...
My SS sink is far from stainless anymore. It was a cheap BOTL Home
Depot special. Is there a way to bring back some of the shine? Any
miracle product that works? Thanks.

Some people swear by Barkeepers Friend. I use just plain old Comet
cleanser. It will never shine like brand new, but you can get close.
Where on earth do you find plain old comet cleanser? I've found their
website, but it's apparently not sold here anymore (Connecticut).
http://www.cometcleanser.com/where.htm

Comet, it makes your teeth turn green.
Comet, it tastes like gasoline, ...

Hardware stores carry a tin can of polishing wadding called
"Never-Dull". It will do a very good job on your sink.

CWM