Posted to alt.home.repair
RB RB is offline

Default will this work?

I'm a bit rusty on this and need my thinking double checked.

I need to drain liquid from a reservoir maybe 1' above the disposal point,
through a flex hose, to the disposal point. It's possible there may have to
be a sag in the hose below the disposal connection point, but coming back up
to it. It would end up being something like the p trap under sink things we
use.

My question is: will the liquid get drained this way? I think it will (all
except for the portion in the sag). Just checking my thinking.

Posted to alt.home.repair

My question is: will the liquid get drained this way? I think it will (all
except for the portion in the sag). Just checking my thinking.

I do things like that all the time, the main thing is the the drain end
is lower then the origin. Example; draining a water-bed or aquarium ,
the hose runs down to the floor, up the wall out the window, the down
to a flowerbed, works like a charm

Posted to alt.home.repair

yep, anything not in the bend will drain away

Empress2454 #124457

Games that I like to play

RB wrote:
I'm a bit rusty on this and need my thinking double checked.

I need to drain liquid from a reservoir maybe 1' above the disposal point,
through a flex hose, to the disposal point. It's possible there may have to
be a sag in the hose below the disposal connection point, but coming back up
to it. It would end up being something like the p trap under sink things we
use.

My question is: will the liquid get drained this way? I think it will (all
except for the portion in the sag). Just checking my thinking.

Posted to alt.home.repair
RB RB is offline

Thanks guys. Big relief. I had given it some thought, and kinda figured
I'd be OK. But, nice to have confirmation.