Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Pool Problem.....

My pool lines (pipes) are clogged up and I have been unable to remove the
clog with a 6hp shop vac. Typically this works but for some reason, it's
not blowing out the lines this time. What is the most powerful vac you can
get? Are there any other methods of clearing pool lines that might be more
affective? Without the lines being clear, there is little pressure and
there's no use in running the pool, without proper circulation. Thanks in
advance!

Posted to alt.home.repair

Brigadier General Milton Mish wrote:
My pool lines (pipes) are clogged up and I have been unable to remove the
clog with a 6hp shop vac. Typically this works but for some reason, it's
not blowing out the lines this time. What is the most powerful vac you can
get? Are there any other methods of clearing pool lines that might be more
affective? Without the lines being clear, there is little pressure and
there's no use in running the pool, without proper circulation. Thanks in
advance!

are they solid pipe, like PVC or flexible chincey lines?

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
oups.com...

Brigadier General Milton Mish wrote:
My pool lines (pipes) are clogged up and I have been unable to remove the
clog with a 6hp shop vac. Typically this works but for some reason, it's
not blowing out the lines this time. What is the most powerful vac you
can
get? Are there any other methods of clearing pool lines that might be
more
affective? Without the lines being clear, there is little pressure and
there's no use in running the pool, without proper circulation. Thanks
in
advance!

are they solid pipe, like PVC or flexible chincey lines?

They're plenty solid, at least as far as I can ascertain. I was wondering
though how much pressure they could withstand. The problem is that I have
two large trees that hang over my pool, I never considered this when I
bought the home. Unfortunately, heavy rain and high winds are common around
here during the summer so I imagine those lines got pretty clogged and of
course, fall is around the corner so you have even more debris now. It's
relatively easy to keep clean during the calmer weather of mid-summer,
provided there are no storms but this time of year it's a bitch. I don't
know what to do if I can't those lines blown out. The pool people use the
same size shop vac I have so calling them won't help. July is about the
only month it stays relatively clean. Planning on selling the house soon
but can't leave the pool as it is. It's time to shut her down but have to
fix this problem first. Thanks!

Posted to alt.home.repair

Brigadier General Milton Mish wrote:
My pool lines (pipes) are clogged up and I have been unable to remove the
clog with a 6hp shop vac. Typically this works but for some reason, it's
not blowing out the lines this time. What is the most powerful vac you can
get? Are there any other methods of clearing pool lines that might be more
affective? Without the lines being clear, there is little pressure and
there's no use in running the pool, without proper circulation. Thanks in
advance!

Had this problem a few years back. Turned out to be a plug of
diatomaceous earth that had somehow gotten lodged in the skimmer pipe.
In my case, pool srvice company ran high-pressure compressed air
through the pipe. Had to cut through the pipe near the filter, put a
plug in open end with an air fitting through the center, hooked it up
to a compressor and pumped air in until the plug gave way and blew 30
feet into the air. Then repaired pipe with an outside connector sleeve.
Compressed air is the way for you to go.

Pool problem Ali Home Repair 6 July 20th 06 01:23 AM
Burying Above Ground Pool [email protected] Home Repair 20 July 3rd 06 02:33 AM
Opening up the pool and need help! Dee5 Home Repair 8 June 6th 06 08:41 PM
Advice draining a pool Mark Home Ownership 1 April 23rd 06 01:47 PM
Pool Water Tests - Conflicting Results jlangdon Home Repair 2 June 23rd 05 08:59 PM