Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Disassembly of Hotpoint dryer.

Model number of this Hotpoint dryer is NBXR463GBOWW. The dryer has no
heat. Do I need to remove the control panel with the torx screws to be
able to remove the front cover? Is there an easier way to get access to
the thermostat, thermal fuse, burner assembley, etc.?

Thanks for your reply.

David Farber
L.A., CA

Posted to alt.home.repair

Start at http://www.appliancepartspros.com/_h...yer-parts.aspx

This resembles the old Kenmore gas dryer that we used for 30 years.
Burner and chimney at lower left-hand corner as observed from the
front. The only thing that I ever fixed in this area was the electronic
ignition that is a ceramic part, glowing hot to light off the gas
supply. Everything else amounted to blowing out the lint that
accumulated. The part failed with a complete break in the ignitor,
resulting in an open circuit.
Access should be from the front, removing the panel below the door.
That leaves the drum fully supported.

wrote:
Model number of this Hotpoint dryer is NBXR463GBOWW. The dryer has no
heat. Do I need to remove the control panel with the torx screws to be
able to remove the front cover? Is there an easier way to get access to
the thermostat, thermal fuse, burner assembley, etc.?

Thanks for your reply.

David Farber
L.A., CA

Posted to alt.home.repair

There is no bottom access panel on this unit which I thought was quite
odd. The appliancepartspros link gave a good parts blow up but not
really instructions on how to disassemble. I'll make another trip over
to the dryer and bring my torx screwdrivers.

--
Thanks for your reply,

David Farber

wrote:
Model number of this Hotpoint dryer is NBXR463GBOWW. The dryer has no
heat. Do I need to remove the control panel with the torx screws to be
able to remove the front cover? Is there an easier way to get access to
the thermostat, thermal fuse, burner assembley, etc.?

Thanks for your reply.

David Farber
L.A., CA

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Appliance Repair Aid" wrote in message
oups.com...

wrote:
Model number of this Hotpoint dryer is NBXR463GBOWW. The dryer has no
heat. Do I need to remove the control panel with the torx screws to be
able to remove the front cover? Is there an easier way to get access to
the thermostat, thermal fuse, burner assembley, etc.?

Thanks for your reply.

David Farber
L.A., CA

Hi,

NBXR463GBOWW

That will be NBXR463GB0WW

Access helps...
http://www.applianceaid.com/my_own_dryer.html
http://www.applianceaid.com/take-apart.html

Do I need to remove the control panel with the torx screws to be
able to remove the front cover?

Nope.

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

Hi Jeff,

Those pictures were very helpful!

Thanks for your reply.

--
David Farber
David Farber's Service Center

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
Model number of this Hotpoint dryer is NBXR463GBOWW. The dryer has no
heat. Do I need to remove the control panel with the torx screws to be
able to remove the front cover? Is there an easier way to get access to
the thermostat, thermal fuse, burner assembley, etc.?

Thanks for your reply.

David Farber
L.A., CA

Hi,

NBXR463GBOWW

That will be NBXR463GB0WW

Access helps...
http://www.applianceaid.com/my_own_dryer.html
http://www.applianceaid.com/take-apart.html

Do I need to remove the control panel with the torx screws to be
able to remove the front cover?

Nope.

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

Now that I've been able to get this thing apart, I was able to power it on
with the drum off to see what was going on. The igniter comes on, then after
about twenty seconds, there appears to be a humming noise from one of the
solenoids, the igniter shuts off, but no gas flame appears. I put my meter
across the flame detect switch to see if it was opening but no voltage ever
appeared across it. I removed the flame switch from the circuit and tried
heating it up over a small flame on a stove but it still wouldn't switch
open. How do you test this thing and why would the igniter turn off if the
flame detect switch didn't open?

Also, this dryer may have been worked on before. How can you tell the proper
way to install the booster/main coil? The three terminals are toward the
bottom of the pole whereas the safety coil has the terminals toward the top
of the pole.

Thanks for your reply.

--
David Farber
L.A., CA

Washer and Dryer Hookup Questions. phaeton Home Repair 9 May 1st 06 07:09 PM
Hotpoint Dryer - No heat Steve UK diy 4 March 3rd 06 12:57 PM
General Clothes Dryer Disassembly Question John Home Repair 5 February 2nd 05 02:58 AM
Hotpoint BWD12 washer dryer - dryer comes on by itself. [email protected] UK diy 1 January 24th 05 05:02 PM
Hotpoint tumble dryer smells! Bob Eager UK diy 5 November 30th 04 04:43 PM