Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Disposal of latex paint

I have about 100 lbs of assorted junk remnants of latex paint.

What is the proper way to dispose of it.

thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair

Ignoramus18055 wrote:
I have about 100 lbs of assorted junk remnants of latex paint.

What is the proper way to dispose of it.

thanks

Take it to a local recycle, if there is one and
the paint is still usable.

Otherwise, open the containers, let the paint dry
to a solid mass and then send to the dump. These
are essentially the instructions provide by the
waste people where I live. Liquid latex paint is
considered a hazardous material and is collected
at various sites once a month and at the dump
where it is resold. Some people buy various
paints and mix them for more mundane jobs.
Posted to alt.home.repair

George E. Cawthon wrote:
Ignoramus18055 wrote:
I have about 100 lbs of assorted junk remnants of latex paint.

What is the proper way to dispose of it.

thanks

Take it to a local recycle, if there is one and
the paint is still usable.

Otherwise, open the containers, let the paint dry
to a solid mass and then send to the dump. These
are essentially the instructions provide by the
waste people where I live. Liquid latex paint is
considered a hazardous material and is collected
at various sites once a month and at the dump
where it is resold. Some people buy various
paints and mix them for more mundane jobs.

In addition clumping type cat litter can turn that latex paint solid in
seconds.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Posted to alt.home.repair

Joseph Meehan wrote:
George E. Cawthon wrote:
Ignoramus18055 wrote:
I have about 100 lbs of assorted junk remnants of latex paint.

What is the proper way to dispose of it.

thanks

Take it to a local recycle, if there is one and
the paint is still usable.

Otherwise, open the containers, let the paint dry
to a solid mass and then send to the dump. These
are essentially the instructions provide by the
waste people where I live. Liquid latex paint is
considered a hazardous material and is collected
at various sites once a month and at the dump
where it is resold. Some people buy various
paints and mix them for more mundane jobs.

In addition clumping type cat litter can turn that latex paint solid in
seconds.

EXCELLENT suggestion!
Posted to alt.home.repair

Ignoramus18055 wrote:
I have about 100 lbs of assorted junk remnants of latex paint.

What is the proper way to dispose of it.

thanks

In the Tulsa World (local newspaper) just yesterday the
advice given was to paint something. The local
semiannual recycling event has stopped taking latex paint.

Bill Gill

Posted to alt.home.repair
Pat Pat is offline

Bill Gill wrote:
Ignoramus18055 wrote:
I have about 100 lbs of assorted junk remnants of latex paint.

What is the proper way to dispose of it.

thanks

In the Tulsa World (local newspaper) just yesterday the
advice given was to paint something. The local
semiannual recycling event has stopped taking latex paint.

Bill Gill

Ahh. paint the container it comes in and then throw out the container.
Got to love bureacrats at "work".

Posted to alt.home.repair

Ignoramus18055 wrote:
I have about 100 lbs of assorted junk remnants of latex paint.

What is the proper way to dispose of it.

thanks

What I do is use it to paint the floors before I put down carpet. This
helps to keep down the dust and also seals the floor form mosture, plus
it gets rid of it. I have a couple of rental properties and have used
up misc paint this way. If you have a rental properties association in
your area you may want to contact them. I'm sure there are a lot of
landlords that would be happy to take it off your hands and put it to
good use.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 24 Aug 2006 05:20:59 GMT, Ignoramus18055
wrote:

I have about 100 lbs of assorted junk remnants of latex paint.

What is the proper way to dispose of it.

thanks

Most areas have a "Trading Time" or "Swap Shop" radio program where
you can call in sell whatever you want. I'm sure if you called and
stated what you had "for free" someone would haul it away for you. Or,
you can sell each can for a quarter at a garage sale. Possibly
donate to Habitat for Humanity.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob Bob is offline

"Ignoramus18055" wrote in message
.. .
I have about 100 lbs of assorted junk remnants of latex paint.

What is the proper way to dispose of it.

Post it on freecycle or craigslist for your area.

My city takes it at the hazardous waste facility and offers it to other
people at the "re-use" store.

Bob

Posted to alt.home.repair

advice given was to paint something. The local

LMFAO!!!

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Ignoramus18055" wrote in message
.. .
I have about 100 lbs of assorted junk remnants of latex paint.

What is the proper way to dispose of it.

Pour it all together in a however many five gallon buckets, and use the
resulting beige paint for fences, inside sheds, and such. You mix multiple
colors of latex, and it always comes up beige. Towns around here use
recycled latex like that in the park bathrooms, because they need to be
repainted so often.

Or if that is too much work, do like the others said, and just leave the
lids off for a few days till it hardens, and pitch into normal trash pickup.

aem sends...