Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Site for Telelphone/video supplies?

Am rewiring house for Telephone/video.

Anyone have any good online sites for supplies for the project?

Posted to alt.home.repair

best prices for cat 6e wiring and connectors probably home depot who
also has lots of other related stuff

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
ups.com...
best prices for cat 6e wiring and connectors probably home depot who
also has lots of other related stuff

There is a national (US) standard within the BICSI www.bicsi.org suggesting
each and every home have a very special voice+data cable setup.

Of course it includes fiber, making it a very expensive cable (I'd imagine).
I think it's like 2 cat7 strands, a cat 3 strand and 2 MM fiber runs.

Good luck trying to terminate them.

But, anyone could cut the ends off and then get your professional involved.

As for where to get the supplies? Pros use giants like Anixter, Graybar,
and Westell, among others.

Posted to alt.home.repair

if you have walls open install flexible conduit, and definetely all
home runs to a central spot.

standards change fast conduit allows pulling new cable without opening
walls

Posted to alt.home.repair

www.blackbox.com

"Jack" wrote in message
oups.com...
Am rewiring house for Telephone/video.

Anyone have any good online sites for supplies for the project?

Posted to alt.home.repair

best prices for cat 6e wiring and connectors probably home depot who
also has lots of other related stuff

Not a chance. HD wanted 39 cents/ft for UL fire rated RG6 cable. The
local electrician charged me 10 cents a foot for the RG6 and Cat 5e.
Home Depot price wasnt even "in the neighborhood". Same thing went for 18-4
alarm wire.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 24 Aug 2006 07:40:24 GMT, "Rudy"
wrote:

best prices for cat 6e wiring and connectors probably home depot who
also has lots of other related stuff

Not a chance. HD wanted 39 cents/ft for UL fire rated RG6 cable. The
local electrician charged me 10 cents a foot for the RG6 and Cat 5e.
Home Depot price wasnt even "in the neighborhood". Same thing went for 18-4
alarm wire.

You want cheap? ... Most of the cable is available on eBay.... You
won't always know that your getting quality, however...

Try...

www.jameco.com

usually has good prices on connectors.

also

http://www.mcminone.com/

http://www.tselectronic.com/

http://www.allelectronics.com/

Also, the following site has interesting and unusual products that you
might have trouble finding elsewhere...

http://www.sandman.com/

Beachcomber

The colour combination & flash of this site is gd. Ani Home Ownership 0 July 18th 06 06:57 PM
FRUGAL HOME OWNERS DON'T WANT TO MISS THE TIPS ON THIS SITE SeniorARK Home Ownership 0 June 17th 06 02:06 AM
Best Furniture Site steve Woodworking 5 September 15th 05 12:48 AM
Craft site Michael Woodturning 5 April 24th 05 07:37 PM
Power supplies are burning out jbr Electronics Repair 19 January 22nd 04 05:47 AM