Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Seeking old tile

from approximately the 1960s I believe. Does anyone know of a good
source? My tile is a beige background with brownish dots. Just this
weekend, I was visiting someone their tile was pink with light brown
dots or was it gold. This must have been a fade for a while - sold
color tile with small dots or spots on them. Also their floor had
mosiac-like shades of pink, while mine is in shades of brown. Tubs,
sinks, toilets all coordinate.

Thanks,

Suz

Posted to alt.home.repair

"GHillside" wrote in message
ups.com...
: from approximately the 1960s I believe. Does anyone know of a good
: source? My tile is a beige background with brownish dots. Just this
: weekend, I was visiting someone their tile was pink with light brown
: dots or was it gold. This must have been a fade for a while - sold
: color tile with small dots or spots on them. Also their floor had
: mosiac-like shades of pink, while mine is in shades of brown. Tubs,
: sinks, toilets all coordinate.
:
: Thanks,
:
: Suz

I suggest a google image search using appropriate key words
tile 60's, deco, "with dots" etc etc etc
John

Posted to alt.home.repair

"GHillside" wrote in news:1155672718.109070.36730
@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com:

from approximately the 1960s I believe. Does anyone know of a good
source? My tile is a beige background with brownish dots. Just this
weekend, I was visiting someone their tile was pink with light brown
dots or was it gold. This must have been a fade for a while - sold
color tile with small dots or spots on them. Also their floor had
mosiac-like shades of pink, while mine is in shades of brown. Tubs,
sinks, toilets all coordinate.

Thanks,

Suz

I have an old install that has the white with gold speckles. It's on the
wall in a shower. They are 4 3/8" square. I actually saw these at HD but it
was special order.

If this sounds like it might be a match, try your local HD. Even if they do
not have the color but do have pattern, maybe you can get the
manufacturer's info and contact them to see if they make it.

**** Tile questions ceramic .vs. porcelain **** TheCouchCruncher Home Repair 6 October 9th 04 03:27 AM
Florida Tile LD Home Repair 16 March 2nd 04 11:52 PM
Florida Tile LD Home Ownership 17 March 2nd 04 11:52 PM
Tile Indentation & Cracking, Installer, and the Attorney General Ben Home Repair 8 July 18th 03 02:25 PM