Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Concrete transition

My concrete sidewalk is almost 3 inches lower than the driveway, which
crosses it. To avoid a tripping hazard, I put a cement transition in,
making a ramp about a foot in length, but over the years this has broken
up and now I must redo it. There is no sinking involved, they just
built them this way in our neighborhood. I need a material that can
transition from three inches thick to no inches where it blends into the
sidewalk, and will last through freezing winters and pedestrian traffic
(and bicycles; young kids love to launch their bikes off my ramp).

What is the best material for this project? Also, there is a tarred
expansion slot between the driveway and sidewalk, and I want to put
something between my ramp and the driveway so no water can get in there
to freeze and dislocate my ramp.

How to find person to repair bad concrete finish work Chuck Home Repair 2 July 9th 06 07:20 PM
Painting concrete crawlspace floor without etching first? Harry Muscle Home Repair 17 March 20th 06 02:52 PM
Painting concrete crawlspace floor without etching first? Harry Muscle Home Ownership 16 March 20th 06 02:52 PM
Acid vs. concrete. Cafe1 Home Repair 17 May 13th 04 02:39 AM
Square steel tubing embedded in concrete: Info/Help?? Terry King Metalworking 4 July 18th 03 04:23 AM