Posted to alt.home.repair

Default solar lights

bought 2 solar lights for flower bed from Walmart ,had to return 3 times
(same type) they last about 2 weeks then they quit lighting up,I know the
batteries are fully charged.Has anybody have solar lights that are reliable?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Tony Pacc" wrote in message
bought 2 solar lights for flower bed from Walmart ,had to return 3 times
(same type) they last about 2 weeks then they quit lighting up,I know the
batteries are fully charged.Has anybody have solar lights that are
reliable?

I bought some from Amazon.com that work great so far. They are made by
Westinghouse.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 7 Aug 2006 06:00:30 -0500, "Tony Pacc"
wrote:

bought 2 solar lights for flower bed from Walmart ,had to return 3 times
(same type) they last about 2 weeks then they quit lighting up,I know the
batteries are fully charged.Has anybody have solar lights that are reliable?

Solar lights are not very effective and are dim. The kits that
include a low-voltage transformer work very well. My set was about
$15 and going on its 6th year of continuous use.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Tony Pacc" wrote in message
bought 2 solar lights for flower bed from Walmart ,had to return 3 times
(same type) they last about 2 weeks then they quit lighting up,I know the
batteries are fully charged.Has anybody have solar lights that are
reliable?

We bought a set of six at HD. In about a month, two are barely going on.
None work well if it was a cloudy day and even on the best of days they give
off little light. . Waste of money, IMO

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Bob G." wrote in message
However 2 years ago I
purchased a set of 12 CHEAP Malibu solar lights at HD and they are
still working fine... actually I added another 12 last year...

That's the one I have that are failing in summer. They will really be junk
in the winter. I have to find the paperwork to see if I can still get my
money back. I'm glad your experience has been better than mine., but two of
6 are failing after only a few weeks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I have four that I bought at 2 years ago. 2 at WalMart and 2 at Meijer.
Still going strong.

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message

"Bob G." wrote in message
However 2 years ago I
purchased a set of 12 CHEAP Malibu solar lights at HD and they are
still working fine... actually I added another 12 last year...

That's the one I have that are failing in summer. They will really be
junk in the winter. I have to find the paperwork to see if I can still
get my money back. I'm glad your experience has been better than mine.,
but two of 6 are failing after only a few weeks.

OT legality of strobe lights on vehicles, plus rough ride Bruce L. Bergman Metalworking 4 February 6th 06 01:09 AM
Blowing transformers for low voltage kitchen lights Rick Home Repair 6 January 9th 06 01:53 PM
weird lights issue Sasha Home Repair 18 December 14th 05 02:51 PM
photocell for those solar garden lights Bob UK diy 7 March 4th 05 01:18 PM
Solar Landscape Lights Banister Stairwell Home Repair 10 February 19th 04 05:11 AM