Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob G. Bob G. is offline

Default solar lights

On Mon, 07 Aug 2006 16:24:33 -0400, wrote:

On Mon, 7 Aug 2006 06:00:30 -0500, "Tony Pacc"
wrote:

bought 2 solar lights for flower bed from Walmart ,had to return 3 times
(same type) they last about 2 weeks then they quit lighting up,I know the
batteries are fully charged.Has anybody have solar lights that are reliable?

Solar lights are not ready for the public yet. Low voltage is a good
solution for folks who don't want the hassle of running 120v out
there. They do make good low voltage lights but they are not cheap.
Basically as much as 120v lights of the same quality ... but that
should not surprise you. The plastic Malibu lights work but you get
what you pay for.

years ago I played with solar lights and gave up.. they stopped
working after a short period of time.... However 2 years ago I
purchased a set of 12 CHEAP Malibu solar lights at HD and they are
still working fine... actually I added another 12 last year...

As far as how much light they "throw" the answer is ...not much.
But for markers around the yard they work quite well... only problem
is depending on how much sun any light gets during the day will
determine how long it can function at night....

I'm happy with the ones I purchased ... BUT I was not after
BRIGHT lights ... only markers, or mood lighting... these have worked

Bob G.