Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Kreepy Krauly doesn't work right

Hi ..

Our Kreepy Krauly doesn't seem to be getting the job done; I took a good
look at it underwater and the problem seems to be that it is not positioned
flush with the pool surface ... one side of the circular "thingy" []
touches the bottom and the other is elevated maybe 3-5 inches ... and it's
not picking up the dirt even though there's plenty of suction on the line
.... also, it used to climb up and down the walls but doesn't anymore

I fooled around with the weights (the blue or white "donuts") but it hasn't
helped ...

Any suggestions ? This is thing is NOT old so I really don't want to go buy
another one or another model if I can help it ..

Thanks ....

MJ

Posted to alt.home.repair
DiG DiG is offline

http://www.kreepykrauly.com.au/kreepykrauly.html

Its has a 15yr warrenty

"Maura Jenkins" wrote in message
m...

Hi ..

Our Kreepy Krauly doesn't seem to be getting the job done; I took a good
look at it underwater and the problem seems to be that it is not
positioned
flush with the pool surface ... one side of the circular "thingy" []
touches the bottom and the other is elevated maybe 3-5 inches ... and it's
not picking up the dirt even though there's plenty of suction on the line
... also, it used to climb up and down the walls but doesn't anymore

I fooled around with the weights (the blue or white "donuts") but it
hasn't
helped ...

Any suggestions ? This is thing is NOT old so I really don't want to go
buy
another one or another model if I can help it ..

Thanks ....

MJ

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Maura Jenkins" wrote in message
m...

Our Kreepy Krauly doesn't seem to be getting the job done; I took a good
look at it underwater and the problem seems to be that it is not

positioned
flush with the pool surface ... one side of the circular "thingy" []
touches the bottom and the other is elevated maybe 3-5 inches ... and it's
not picking up the dirt even though there's plenty of suction on the line
... also, it used to climb up and down the walls but doesn't anymore

First thing to check is whether the large flexible
rubber skirt is seated correctly at the business
end of the hard plastic foot pad. Ours once
slipped out of its groove, but was no more difficult
to refit than in annual assembly.
Second thing to check is whether a twig has
entered the main tube and jammed any of
the valves.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

Posted to alt.home.repair

Thanks, Don (and DiG)

yea the skirt looks like it's on right (but it'd look better in a plaid) ..
I can spin it around easily ... and I've had twigs stuck in the "flapper"
(or whatever you call it) before .. but not this time ... I reduced the
suction a bit but the stupid thing still wants to run around with one side
up ... but that did help a little ... God I love pools ....

MJ

Plagiarism Kirk Woodturning 118 March 9th 05 12:04 PM
How to find a good contractor? Alexander Galkin Home Repair 34 March 1st 05 05:06 PM
Electrical work - would inspector check previously done work? Himanshu Home Repair 4 January 23rd 05 07:04 PM
Moisture Cure Urethane (Moisture Cured Urethane) Moshe Woodworking 6 September 5th 03 05:50 PM
Garage Door Work question Rich Greenberg Home Ownership 0 August 6th 03 01:12 AM