Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Refrigerator Center very very hot??

I have a double door 15 year old Kitchen Aid refrigerator. It has double
doors. When I open the double doors the center strip in front is very hot.
And I mean very hot. I am concerned about this. I have called for repair but
while waiting for someone to call back(if they even will) I am not sure what
to do. I would not want ot have a fire or something. Plus if this a an
expensive repair problem I probably should just get another fridge. I have
no clue what would be making that area hot.Maybe aomeone here might be able
to give me a clue about this. Thanks.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Called a "stile heater" if memory serves. Designed to keep the edge
dry, and reduce condensation. A power feature on some finer
refrigerators.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

wrote in message
I have a double door 15 year old Kitchen Aid refrigerator. It has
double
doors. When I open the double doors the center strip in front is very
hot.
And I mean very hot. I am concerned about this. I have called for
repair but
while waiting for someone to call back(if they even will) I am not
sure what
to do. I would not want ot have a fire or something. Plus if this a an
expensive repair problem I probably should just get another fridge. I
have
no clue what would be making that area hot.Maybe aomeone here might be
able
to give me a clue about this. Thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

A new unit by Gov mandate enegy savings will save you 50-66% or maybr
100$ a year, junk it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Thanks eveyone. I am going to replace the fridge. After these posts it looks
like what I should do. Cleaned underneath but didn't help the mullion heater
at all. Appliance repairman never showed up or called back so maybe they
didn't want to do the job either. Thyanks again.