Posted to alt.home.repair
udarrell udarrell is offline

Default Refrigerator Center very very hot??

wrote:

I have a double door 15 year old Kitchen Aid refrigerator. It has double
doors. When I open the double doors the center strip in front is very hot.
And I mean very hot. I am concerned about this. I have called for repair but
while waiting for someone to call back(if they even will) I am not sure what
to do. I would not want ot have a fire or something. Plus if this a an
expensive repair problem I probably should just get another fridge. I have
no clue what would be making that area hot.Maybe aomeone here might be able
to give me a clue about this. Thanks.

That is the mullion heaters causing that. They keep the refrigerator
from sweating in a humid air space.
On a lot of refrigerators there is a switch inside the refrigerator that
you can turn off.
If that does not stop it you better get someone to check it out.
- udarrell

--
Air Conditioning's Affordable Path to the "Human Comfort Zone Goal"
http://www.udarrell.com/air-conditio...tent-heat.html