Posted to alt.home.repair
Jen Jen is offline

Default sealing bathroom

The last time I sealed around the bathtub, it didn't stick too well. I kept
having to remove it and reapply it. Should I clean it with a solvent of
some sort first? It already needs to be redone now.

Thanks

Jen

Posted to alt.home.repair

It must be perfecrly clean to have caulk bond, use bleach to kill mold ,
Lime Away removes water deposits and a razor blade to scrape it clean.

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 12:43:29 GMT, "Jen"
wrote:

The last time I sealed around the bathtub, it didn't stick too well. I kept
having to remove it and reapply it. Should I clean it with a solvent of
some sort first? It already needs to be redone now.

The tub goes down (or it MAY go down?? I don't know which) when
someone gets in it and when it is filled with water. And up again when
it is empty. I saw a recommendation to fill it half way before
sealing around the edge. (If you filled it as high as it can go, then
when the water is emptied, the tub will go up, and that can ruin the
seal too, they say.)

This is also the reason I once used tub seal tape, but it didn't work
that well either, I forget why. I took it all off.

Thanks

Jen

Posted to alt.home.repair
Jen Jen is offline

"m Ransley" wrote in message
It must be perfecrly clean to have caulk bond, use bleach to kill mold ,
Lime Away removes water deposits and a razor blade to scrape it clean.

Thanks to all responses, maybe I just didn't have it clean enough. I'll see
how I go this time.

Jen

Posted to alt.home.repair
Jen Jen is offline

"Just mee" Just wrote in message
What are you using?

Silicon

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Jen" wrote in message

The last time I sealed around the bathtub, it didn't stick too well. I

kept
having to remove it and reapply it. Should I clean it with a solvent of
some sort first? It already needs to be redone now.

Perhaps you should repost saying what the
products are (material of bathtub = enameled iron
or plastic?, wall = ceramic tile or what?) and what
type of caulk you use. Which type did your
builder's supply store recommend?

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs