Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Large Door Striker Plate

I installed fluted casing on a new door using a standard reveal. The door
bolt contacts the casing before it actually hits the brass striker plate,
and will very soon damage the molding.

I have looked around and can't find any striker plates wider than about 1
7/8". Anyone know of a source that has wider (longer?) striker plates? I
can't really make the reveal any larger without it looking funny.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Buck Turgidson" wrote in message

I installed fluted casing on a new door using a standard reveal. The door
bolt contacts the casing before it actually hits the brass striker plate,
and will very soon damage the molding.

I have looked around and can't find any striker plates wider than about 1
7/8". Anyone know of a source that has wider (longer?) striker plates? I

Almost any metal shop (and some locksmiths)
can fabricate for a few dollars any striker plate you want.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

Posted to alt.home.repair

I had the same problem some years ago. Quick trip to the local hardware
store for a nice piece of sheet brass stock. Cut it to size, drilled 4
small holes for brass nails, and simply tacked it in place. Worked
great.

"Old school" method of attaching sole plate to concrete vs. Tapcons. Sean M Home Repair 8 February 2nd 06 11:27 AM
BBQ Plate Question? BIGEYE UK diy 3 February 14th 05 10:46 PM
A challenge for old house lovers Mike Mitchell UK diy 322 September 30th 04 12:29 AM