Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Craftsman mower engine speed too fast!

Hello all,

I have a 6.75 HP 22" Rear discharge power-propelled rotary lawn mower Model
917.377690 with a Tecumseh Vector engine.

A month ago, the mounting flange gasket broke and oil was spewing out all
over the place. I took the engine apart, replaced the gasket, and started it
up.

The engine now revs waaaayy faster than it did before.

The only thing I can think of is that while I had the Governor linkage bar
off, in my anal-ness, I straightened the bends in the linkage bar and now
the governor control of the throttle has been messed up. Does anyone have a
picture of what the linkage bar's bends should be?

Any other things I should check?

BTW, overspeeding an engine burns out oil in a big way

Appreciate the help!

VR/

John

Posted to alt.home.repair

yeah the bends set ther speed. have you tried reforming them?