Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Bath faucet water lines?? Help!

Hello,

Just moved into a pre-owned home built in 1999. Ranch on a slab. Copper pipes in slab.
Under bath faucets there are gray plastic lines from the copper lines to the faucets.

Any idea what the plastic line are? What are they made of? Should I replace them with
stainless steel flex hoses for safety concerns?

I don't want one of the plastic hoses bursting one me.

Thanks for thoughts/ideas.

Bill

Billy Boy

To reply correct [at] and [dot]
Posted to alt.home.repair

You can replace the plastic lines but its just the hook up lines anyway.
They come in plastic and metal. I have used both types but prefer the
plastic as they are more flexable to work with. Both are code and both are
as effective as the other. If the lines are not leaking I wouldn t bother
changing them. I have these in my house for at least 15 years and no
problems have come about. When I upgrade the taps I just get new plastic
hook ups like you described.
This type of hook up for the faucet is common in homes today.