Posted to alt.home.repair

Default project management software needed

hi i am renovating my apartment and being my own general contractor.
does anyone know of any software that will help me manage this project?
if it exists for macintosh i would be even happier, but can run it on
our PC if i have to. thanks - peter

Posted to alt.home.repair

I used MS Project about 5 years ago. It was very hard to use because
Microsoft didn't write it, but bought it from a contractor. So all the
key conventions weren't what I'm used to from using Word, Excel, etc.

There were a number of things I had to do in managing my project that
required hours of experimenting with Project to make happen. Sorry I
can't provide examples at this point in time, but I pulled out a lot of
hair trying things.

There is a version for the Mac.

wrote:
hi i am renovating my apartment and being my own general contractor.
does anyone know of any software that will help me manage this project?
if it exists for macintosh i would be even happier, but can run it on
our PC if i have to. thanks - peter

Posted to alt.home.repair

thanks i'll check them both out! anyone else? is there an excel
template out there?

Pat wrote:
http://www.dotproject.net/ is what I use. It will run on PC or MAC
because it's web-based.

wrote:
hi i am renovating my apartment and being my own general contractor.
does anyone know of any software that will help me manage this project?
if it exists for macintosh i would be even happier, but can run it on
our PC if i have to. thanks - peter

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 24 Jul 2006 18:30:39 -0700, broke out their
crayolas and scribbled:

http://www.openoffice.org/