DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   project management software needed (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/170269-project-management-software-needed.html)

[email protected] July 25th 06 12:05 AM

project management software needed

hi i am renovating my apartment and being my own general contractor.
does anyone know of any software that will help me manage this project?
if it exists for macintosh i would be even happier, but can run it on
our PC if i have to. thanks - peter

Stubby July 25th 06 01:00 AM

project management software needed

I used MS Project about 5 years ago. It was very hard to use because
Microsoft didn't write it, but bought it from a contractor. So all the
key conventions weren't what I'm used to from using Word, Excel, etc.

There were a number of things I had to do in managing my project that
required hours of experimenting with Project to make happen. Sorry I
can't provide examples at this point in time, but I pulled out a lot of
hair trying things.

There is a version for the Mac.

Pat July 25th 06 01:33 AM

project management software needed

http://www.dotproject.net/ is what I use. It will run on PC or MAC
because it's web-based.

______? July 25th 06 05:06 PM

project management software needed

On Mon, 24 Jul 2006 18:30:39 -0700, broke out their
crayolas and scribbled:

http://www.openoffice.org/