Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Kitchen Sink DIY?

As I always say when I post, I'm not much of a handyman, but I'm
learning. We need to replace our kitchen sink and I've already
purchased the replacement. We intend on keeping the hardware, but the
sink was chipped pretty badly from someone dropping something heavy
onto it.

I know someone who will replace the sink pretty cheaply, and he'd even
do plumbing, if necessary. I think I have almost an identical
replacement so I'm hoping that no actual changes to the plumbing will
be required.

My question is this: is replacing a sink (and keeping the old hardware)
sufficiently difficult that I should probably leave it to someone else,
assuming that I've never done it before and haven't even seen it done?
:-) Or, if I'm brave, is it sufficiently simple that I can do it
myself as long as I pay attention to how things came off?

Thanks!
John