Posted to alt.home.repair

Default One critter doggie door?

I saw the movie "Over The Hedge". There was a dog that had a collar that
would activate a doggie door that only a critter with the collar, and maybe
a critter tagging along with it, could pass through, then it would lock
again. I haven't seen such a device. Are there such things? And if so, do
they work? Anyone that has used these, if you might chime in? Thanks.

--
Brian

Posted to alt.home.repair

Brian O wrote:

I saw the movie "Over The Hedge". There was a dog that had a collar that
would activate a doggie door that only a critter with the collar, and maybe
a critter tagging along with it, could pass through, then it would lock
again. I haven't seen such a device. Are there such things? And if so, do
they work? Anyone that has used these, if you might chime in? Thanks.

It was a cat. But look at this:
http://www.petsafestore.com/stinelpetdog.html
Yes, they work.

--
Grandpa
What is that dripping from my fingers?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Google, Automatic Doggy Door

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 21 Jul 2006 18:41:51 -0500, (m Ransley)
wrote:

Google, Automatic Doggy Door

Or "electronic dog door"

tom @
www.FindMeShelter.com

Posted to alt.home.repair
Pop Pop is offline

In news:ypdwg.69$6G3.5@trnddc05,
Grandpa typed:
Brian O wrote:

I saw the movie "Over The Hedge". There was a dog that had
collar that would activate a doggie door that only a critter
with
the collar, and maybe a critter tagging along with it, could
pass
through, then it would lock again. I haven't seen such a
device. Are there such things? And if so, do they work?
Anyone that has
used these, if you might chime in? Thanks.

It was a cat. But look at this:
http://www.petsafestore.com/stinelpetdog.html
Yes, they work.

Hmm, intersting. It's infrared though; too bad they don't make
one using a radio signal - more reliable less prone to dirt/fur
messing it up.

Any further sources?

Pop`

Posted to alt.home.repair

Brian O wrote:

I saw the movie "Over The Hedge". There was a dog that had
collar that would activate a doggie door that only a critter
with
the collar, and maybe a critter tagging along with it, could
pass
through, then it would lock again. I haven't seen such a
device. Are there such things? And if so, do they work?
Anyone that has
used these, if you might chime in? Thanks.

It was a cat. But look at this:
http://www.petsafestore.com/stinelpetdog.html
Yes, they work.

Hmm, intersting. It's infrared though; too bad they don't make
one using a radio signal - more reliable less prone to dirt/fur
messing it up.

Any further sources?

Pop`

How about an ultrasonic activated Star Trek style?
http://www.hitecpet.com/powerpetdoors.html

You can Google for others on your time.