Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Backerboard seams for Tile Floor, when to tile?

So we just put down the backerboard for the new tile floor and shower stall.

We have the Mesh tape for the seams and I forget if you can just tape the
seams as you are laying to tile, or do you have to tape the seams first,
then wait for it to dry then Lay the tile?

Seems like you should be able to do it all at once as your mastic/tape
compound is all the same?

Thanks,
Scott-

Posted to alt.home.repair

If you want to do it "by the book", Durock says prefill and embed tape
as a seperate step: pp 6:

http://tinyurl.com/ktrst

http://www.usg.com/USG_Marketing_Con...tion_Guide.pdf

Michael Thomas
Paragon Home Inspection, LLC
Chicago, IL
mdtATparagoninspectsDOTcom
847-475-568

Posted to alt.home.repair
No No is offline

Scott Townsend wrote:
So we just put down the backerboard for the new tile floor and shower stall.

We have the Mesh tape for the seams and I forget if you can just tape the
seams as you are laying to tile, or do you have to tape the seams first,
then wait for it to dry then Lay the tile?

Seems like you should be able to do it all at once as your mastic/tape
compound is all the same?

Thanks,
Scott-

I do it as one step. If you do it as two you risk having humps to deal with.

Shower tile - verticle seams - caulk or grout? dango Home Repair 3 September 26th 04 11:07 PM
Florida Tile LD Home Repair 16 March 2nd 04 11:52 PM
Florida Tile LD Home Ownership 17 March 2nd 04 11:52 PM
Ceramic Tile... Thinset on the backerboard... or a membrane? Don Task Home Repair 6 August 18th 03 11:08 AM