DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Backerboard seams for Tile Floor, when to tile? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/169749-backerboard-seams-tile-floor-when-tile.html)

Scott Townsend July 19th 06 06:42 PM

Backerboard seams for Tile Floor, when to tile?

So we just put down the backerboard for the new tile floor and shower stall.

We have the Mesh tape for the seams and I forget if you can just tape the
seams as you are laying to tile, or do you have to tape the seams first,
then wait for it to dry then Lay the tile?

Seems like you should be able to do it all at once as your mastic/tape
compound is all the same?

Thanks,
Scott-

MDT at Paragon Home Inspections, LLC July 19th 06 06:51 PM

Backerboard seams for Tile Floor, when to tile?

If you want to do it "by the book", Durock says prefill and embed tape
as a seperate step: pp 6:

http://tinyurl.com/ktrst

http://www.usg.com/USG_Marketing_Con...tion_Guide.pdf

Michael Thomas
Paragon Home Inspection, LLC
Chicago, IL
mdtATparagoninspectsDOTcom
847-475-568

No July 25th 06 07:34 PM

Scott Townsend wrote:
So we just put down the backerboard for the new tile floor and shower stall.

We have the Mesh tape for the seams and I forget if you can just tape the
seams as you are laying to tile, or do you have to tape the seams first,
then wait for it to dry then Lay the tile?

Seems like you should be able to do it all at once as your mastic/tape
compound is all the same?

Thanks,
Scott-

I do it as one step. If you do it as two you risk having humps to deal with.